Monday, January 25, 2010

Three amazing women...

Three women who bring inspiration to my life in so many ways.



Laura Marling......

A 19 year old folk singer/song writer from England with a killer voice and strong, emotional songs. The more I listen the more I love. Her first album just arrived on my doorstep this very day! Her second album is due for release in March.............








Lisa Hannigan......

An irish singer with one of the most beautiful voices you will hear. She started with Damien Rice and the two of them were magic. Her first solo album after the much gossiped about separation from the aforementioned lead man is Sea Sew. This album has provided some pleasant theme music to my life lately and will continue.....



Dick Mack's is across the street from the church

The church is across the street from Dick Mack's








Shara Worden.....


With a voice that could raise the dead and shake the earth to its core, Shara Worden takes the cake. I first heard her as a back up singer for sufjan stevens (insert smile) and the queen on the Hazards Of Love album by The Decemberists. Her band is My Brightest Diamond with two albums out. Give both of these a genuine chance, they are beautiful and can stir a wide variety of emotions. Beyond the vocals her style is unique and amazing too!







No comments:

Post a Comment